Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Posie Ring


I became interested in fabric button rings when I saw this tutorial at Smashed Peas and Carrots. I had some fabric and a button blank so I picked up some ring blanks with pads at Michael's (2 for $5.99) yesterday and made one for myself. I used Mod Podge Hard Coat because it was the only thing that I had on hand, but I don't think I would recommend it for this project. It took about 10 coats to get good coverage and the finish is satin, when I would have preferred the look to be more glossy. Lesson learned for next time I make one: Use the stuff recommended in the tutorial.

The button is attached to the ring blank with hot glue. I tried to use Aleene's clear gel tacky glue but after sitting overnight it had not even begun to dry.

I like my little pink flower ring, right now I am wearing it with jeans and a polar fleece hoodie.

Stylin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment